Over the past few months, the Library Green Team has been gaining momentum. Our first meeting was back in April 2017, and during these twelve months we have developed an official charge, elected a core membership group, and completed a number of positive initiatives for the Library. We have also identified goals for the second quarter of 2018, and are diligently working on projects to support those goals. The partnerships that we cultivated with the UCSF Recycling and Sustainability teams have been extremely helpful, and we are also excited to begin collaborating with our counterparts at the UCSD Library’s Sustainability Committee. I would like to take this opportunity to share a few notes about what is coming next from the Green Team:
- Goals: Our Q2 goal for 2018 is to educate Library staff and patrons about the importance of sustainability, and to provide opportunities for interested staff to join the educational process.
- Earth Day: During the April 19th Now Playing 2 event, we will provide an Earth Day information table. This will be a collaboration with Recycling and the Office of Sustainability.
- Movie Hour: In May, we will be hosting our first Sustainable Movie Hour in CL201. Popcorn will be provided! Details will be coming soon.
- LivingGreen Certification: The Tech Commons is currently pursuing LivingGreen Certification from the Office of Sustainability. We’re going for Gold! If you are interested in getting your department certified, we can help.
If you would like to become a part of the team, we always have room for participants who can help us with projects and initiatives. We will align you with projects that are interesting to you and provide opportunities for professional development. Just drop us a note on the #greenteam Slack channel, comment below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact any member of our team:
- Kemi Amin (Communications Manager)
- David Krah (Project Coordinator)
- Lisa Leiva (Administrator)
- Sean McClelland (Chair)
- Sheila Quimpo (Treasurer)
- Anneliese Taylor (Vice chair)
Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past year. We’ll see you on April 19th at our Earth Day information table!